With more than a decade of alliance and interoperability with Microsoft's server platforms, CommVault Simpana software enables easy migration to Windows Server 2012 and takes advantage of the latest innovations in data protection and automation to deliver high performance, reliable applications and services across private, hosted and public clouds.
Windows Server 2012 and Windows Azure Cloud with CommVault Simpana 9 Interoperability
· Perform live migration of VMs across the data centre or between the data centre and the Windows Azure cloud by utilising the VM backup and restore features of Simpana software and its immediate support for Windows Server 2012.
· Simpana software users can use the Windows Azure cloud as a retention tier and alternative to tape based backup by seamlessly migrating archive data to the cloud for cost effective, secure long term storage.
· CommVault is committed to helping joint customers increase the business value of information through unprecedented data and information management scale, performance, cost savings and access across the full range of Microsoft environments, including Microsoft SharePoint, Exchange, SQL Serverand Windows Server Hyper-V virtualization— both on-premise and in the Windows Azure cloud.
· Microsoft currently sells Windows Azure cloud data management solutionsincluding Simpana software. These pre-configured cloud bundles include up to 62TB of Windows Azure cloud storage capacity and Simpana 9 Express Software to deliver archiving and backup capabilities for enterprises coping with massive amounts of data and long term retention and compliance requirements.
· As a worldwide Microsoft Technology Center (MTC)partner, CommVault offers technical support, demonstrations and trials working alongside some of Microsoft’s best technical personnel for those that want to test and see Simpana software in action.
· CommVault and Microsoft will be demonstrating how Simpana software makes upgrading to Windows Server 2012, migrating to Windows Server Hyper-V virtualisation and integrating with the Windows Azure cloud easy and trouble free during the Cloud OS Signature Event Seriesand at the upcoming Microsoft SharePoint Conference 2012, November 12 – 15, at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas.
Tags: Hosting & Colocation