|Home > > News > NetApp and Desktone deliver secure, multi-tenant Desktops as a Service||
DCS Europe Data storage and IT management:
The solution helps service providers avoid the common challenges of virtual desktop deployment by reducing startup costs, removing design and management complexity, and improving performance. With this solution, service providers can rapidly deploy a full-featured service that enables their customers to easily reap the benefits of virtual desktops such as supporting mobile users, reducing the cost of desktop support, helping to safeguard intellectual property, and supporting user demand for “bring your own device policies” policies.
The new service, built specifically for cloud delivery environments, features technology that enables a single infrastructure to be elastically scalable and cost efficient. Security is designed in at the application, network, and storage layers to help maintain the privacy of customers’ data.
“Desktops as a Service represents a high revenue opportunity. NetApp® and Desktone’s enterprise-ready desktops as a service solution enables service providers to deliver on-demand, cost-effective solutions that allow enterprise IT to more easily meet their end-user business objectives,” said Brendon Howe, vice president, Product and Solutions Marketing, NetApp.
The Desktone and NetApp integration takes full advantage of NetApp storage efficiency technologies, such as thin provisioning and deduplication, to minimise storage requirements on a platform designed to use 50% less storage. NetApp enables the near-instant provisioning of new virtual desktops so that new customers and users can be up and running on the service fast. NetApp Integrated Data Protection features allow service providers to deliver enterprise-level data protection including point-in-time backups for user data, self-restore, and data archiving.
Visit NetApp and Desktone at VMworld Europe, October 9 – 11, in NetApp Booth D206 and Desktone Booth E609.
Today’s announcement enables the combined NetApp and Desktone solution to provide:
· Multi-tenancy. Enables service providers to securely deliver desktops to multiple customers from one platform.
· Fast, low overhead provisioning. FlexClone® technology enables near-instant provisioning of new desktops for users with little or no additional compute requirements.
· Administration self-service portal. Easy-to-use portal helps service providers or customers to manage desktop images, virtual machines, user assignments, and desktop support.
· Integrated reporting and billing systems.APIs support service provider-based business operations.
· Scale Out Architecture. Grid-based compute architecture tested to support up to 1,000,000 desktops from one platform and infrastructure.
· Complementary add-on services. Easily add home directories, group shares, and automated backup of user data with NetApp storage features.ShareThis
|White Paper Downloads|
Keep up to date with the latest industry products, services and technologies from the world's leading IT companies.