|Home > > News > StrongBox update||
DCS Europe Data storage and IT management:
StrongBox, the first enterprise-level storage solution to leverage Linear Tape File System (LTFS) technology, allows tape storage to walk and talk like expensive disk-based storage. It’s the industry’s leading non-proprietary, file-based and fully portable storage solution that offers cost-efficient file archiving across a wide range of industries.
Five new StrongBox software modules allow users with varied data archive needs to choose the level of protection, performance and reporting that best fit their environment and budget. Even the standard StrongBox functionality far exceeds competitor’s archiving capabilities. However, StrongBox’s new modules provide significantly greater customization for niche market needs. Additionally, StrongBox is now available in three flexible configurations to meet the needs of small, mid-size and enterprise-class organizations.
The new software modules available with the latest StrongBox release include:
· · Data Integrity Module– Ensures that data is not altered, deleted, tampered or corrupted accidently or maliciously.
· · Data Protection Module– Stores, retains and recovers data in a timely and reliable manner to meet long-term preservation and compliance needs.
· · Reporting/Analytics Module– Delivers insight into archive usage and operation of the physical storage systems and provides metrics comparisons and drill-down into specific chosen values/parameters to provide valuable insight into the archiving environment.
· · Enhanced Security Module– Ensures that data is secure and protected during transit, access and storage.
· · Enhanced Data Performance Module– Addresses write and read performance demands by applications/users to streamline data flow in data and application-intensive environments.
“As we originally announced during the International Broadcasting Convention (IBC) earlier this month, StrongBox’s software modules now empower organizations to address very specific archiving needs, while also potentially saving thousands or even millions of dollars,” said Rob Sims, President and CEO at Crossroads Systems. “While reinvigorating the use of tape for data archiving, StrongBox now also brings unprecedented customization for the use of LTFS-based technology in archives. Organizations throughout the media and entertainment, academic, government, healthcare and research sectors will find that StrongBox’s new module options provide a truly unique opportunity to gain greater efficiency and reliability for their asset that matters most – their data.”ShareThis
|White Paper Downloads|
Keep up to date with the latest industry products, services and technologies from the world's leading IT companies.