Powered by Quantum Deduplication and Virtual Data Protection
· Q-Cloud takes full advantage of DXi®-Series data protection and Quantum vmPRO™ virtual machine protection capabilities both onsite and in the cloud. DXi appliances offer unique, patented deduplication capabilities which revolutionise cloud storage economics.
· DXi-Series appliances enable Q-Cloud to work with existing backup applications, including Backup Exec, CommVault, Data Protector, NetBackup, vRanger, Tivoli Storage Manager and Veeam.
· Quantum vmPRO and DXi achieve data reduction rates of up to 95 per cent.
· Quantum vmPRO software allows customers to snapshot virtual machines and replicate them to the cloud, serving as the foundation of Q-Cloud’s Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) offering.
Low-Cost, Reliable Edge-to-Cloud Replication
· Multi-site enterprises using Q-Cloud can economically replicate directly from edge to cloud, eliminating the use of primary resources for backup and DR.
· Single-site enterprises can enjoy the benefits of a second site for a new, low-cost approach to backup and DR.
· With an on-premise DXi-Series appliance, Q-Cloud customers can enjoy the speed and convenience of local recovery with the security of cloud-based backup.
“Pay as You Grow” Subscription Pricing
· Subscription pricing enables a “pay as you grow” approach to data protection, allowing customers to purchase only the storage capacity they need and no more.
· Subscription pricing converts capital expense to operating expense and allows customers to avoid the cost associated with under-utilised hardware, making it more cost-effective to put an offsite backup and DR solution in place.
· Quantum’s Q-Cloud solution contrasts with many cloud services that typically require customers to buy additional expensive hardware as data grows or abandon prior investments as part of a “rip and replace” cloud-only approach.