"Recoverability of the virtual infrastructure is an emerging and significant component of an organization's overall IT services availability and Disaster Recovery plan. Protection of the VMs needs to be taken into account during the planning stage of a server virtualization deployment, as virtualization presents new challenges and new options for Service Continuity protection," said Dave Russell, Research Vice President at Gartner, Inc.
"Many organizations want to implement Disaster Recovery solutions that leverage their virtualization and cloud investments, but find it difficult or complex to deploy," said Carlos Escapa, Co-Founder and CEO of VirtualSharp Software. "Our free edition enables users to experiment or put in production replication-based Disaster Recovery at zero cost."
ReliableDR Free Edition provides the following production-ready functionality:
· Replication: VMs are copied across data centers
· Heartbeat Certification: automatic heartbeat checks for replica VMs
· Push Button Automation: automated failover of VMs, applications and IT Services
· Failback: VMs can be replicated back to original data center
· Zero Footprint: no software is needed in the production data center
Designed from the ground up for virtual data centers, ReliableDR Free Edition has a modular and extensive plug-in architecture that is 100% agentless. It supports all versions of vSphere including the Essentials kits. Users of ReliableDR Free Edition also have access to online documentation and the Online Support Forum. For more information, visit http://virtualsharp.com/forums.