Networks, an IT Pro's Foundation
Once relatively simple to troubleshoot, the network has evolved from a static, physical, manually configured infrastructure to one that is dynamic, virtual and automated. This evolution has shifted the way IT pros tackle their environments, and the need for affordable and easy-to-use network management software has never been greater.
"Increasing complexity and layers of virtual infrastructure upon existing infrastructure components creates additional burden on IT staff. This evolution is driving an ever-increasing preference for monitoring technologies with a simple and easy to use value proposition, ease of implementation, purchasing, and ongoing maintenance. Technology providers that are focused on usability and ease of implementation without professional services create additional value in time savings and capital preservation," said Jonah Kowall, Research Director, Gartner.
While most network management companies miss or overlook changes to the network domain chasing the next "big thing," SolarWinds' network management products have kept pace with the market and trends, offering all the features that network engineers cared about without sacrificing usability and scalability.
"For more than 10 years, we have challenged the status quo of expensive and complicated 'framework' solutions established by most other enterprise software vendors. By paying close attention to the needs of the IT pro and building highly useful products that solve their everyday problems out of the box, we have been able to change the dynamics of this space and, in return, have earned the trust of over 75,000 customers looking for a network management tool or solution," said Sanjay Castelino, VP and market leader, SolarWinds.
"As new technologies and IT challenges place an increasingly high demand on network engineers to stretch the limits of their network environments, we will continue to be an advocate and resource for those professionals. We will continue to advance and redefine network management solutions, and we will remain a leader in delivering powerful, affordable and easy-to-use IT management software that solves real-world problems for everyone from the SMB to the large enterprise," continued Castelino.
A Competitive Advantage for Customer and Company
Since SolarWinds' founding in 1999, the company's mission has been to provide purpose-built products that are designed to make IT pros' jobs easier. By working closely with and listening to SolarWinds' user-community of over 100,000 IT pros, SolarWinds is able to out-pace traditional enterprise software and expedite the product release cycle, solving the problems and challenges that specifically address the IT needs of today.
The increased product release velocity translates to a competitive advantage for both the customer and the company. IT pros get the right functionality for their changing environments, right when they need it, as well as increased value for their investment in SolarWinds products over time. SolarWinds maintains relevancy and a strong connection with users.
Throughout the third quarter of 2012, SolarWinds will focus on enhancing network management with unexpected simplicity through the release of the following three key products:
· SolarWinds VoIP & Network Quality Manager (formerly SolarWinds IP SLA Manager) - Monitors VoIP call quality and correlates with the underlying WAN performance so IT pros can maintain the highest level of voice quality.
· SolarWinds User Device Tracker - SolarWinds extends the ability to map and monitor switch ports, and track users and devices to wireless controllers and access points, enabling IT organizations to track network-connected wireless and mobile devices.
· SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager - SolarWinds' network change and configuration management solution now scales to the largest enterprises with a three-fold increase in supported nodes, adds support for Alaxala(R) and Apresia(R), and enhances inventory reporting.
SolarWinds' award-winning network management suite of solutions offers IT pros a comprehensive and easy-to-understand view of their networks' performance from a single pane of glass. From network performance to configuration and compliance to traffic analysis and more, IT pros can deploy SolarWinds network management products to build a robust and scalable IT management system that fits their evolving needs. In addition to these three releases, already available network management products include:
· SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor (NPM) - SolarWinds' flagship network performance monitoring solution is designed to manage the rapid changes in dynamic IT environments and allow IT pros to simply and visually manage networks of all sizes.
· SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer (NTA) - Flow-based network traffic analysis.
· SolarWinds IP Address Manager (IPAM) - Easy-to-use IP address space management.
· SolarWinds Log & Event Manager (LEM) - Log collection, analysis and real-time event correlation.
· SolarWinds Engineer's Toolset - A collection of network troubleshooting tools.
· SolarWinds LANsurveyor - Automated network diagram generator.
When a customer downloads and purchases a SolarWinds product, they're not just getting the powerful and easy-to-use features that are ready to go out-of-the-box, they're also getting support, troubleshooting tips from company experts, and valuable tools and resources shared by experienced peers on thwack, SolarWinds' online IT pro community.