ServiceWorks is a suite of cloud-based services, built around core principles of simplicity, transparency and accountability. Kelway’s approach to cloud computing is focussed on removing complex jargon and misleading metrics, giving businesses a transparent and impactful cloud service.
The ServiceWorks suite provides a range of core services from its launch, including a compute platform, email and backup services. During the coming year a number of further services will be launched including; ServiceWorks DESKTOP, ServiceWorks VIDEO and ServiceWorks COLLABORATION.
The initial solutions being introduced to the market are:
• ServiceWorks COMPUTE, which will provide elastic, enterprise-class cloud computing delivering scale, performance and security without the capital expenditure or management headaches of on-premise deployment.
• ServiceWorks MAIL gives businesses the choice between a dedicated, private Exchange service, or a multi-tenancy fully featured collaboration platform that combines email, calendar, documents, social media and key business applications.
• ServiceWorks BACKUP, a secure, managed off-site data backup and restore service that is highly scalable, robust and flexible.
ServiceWorks has been carefully designed, with feedback from customers and partners in the industry, to directly address business challenges and circumvent the perceived risks in the cloud. To achieve this, Kelway has ensured that functionality and accountability are delivered in equal measure:
• • Self-service: The scalability which is critical to delivering a true cloud service is at the foundation of the suite. Put simply, individuals with the appropriate authority can configure and modify ServiceWorks to directly respond to the needs of the business – online, and in real-time
• • Automation: Cloud computing promises the removal of pain from the business in many ways, from reduced CapEx to dramatically improved flexibility. ServiceWorks is built around repeatable, automated provisioning to ensure businesses see direct results from their cloud investment
• • Transparency: Cloud service providers need to move beyond the traditional ‘comfort zone’ of computing metrics if they’re going to be truly accountable to their customers. This means the ready availability of quality-of-experience metrics, which (like the cloud service itself) should be available to customers on demand. ServiceWorks has at its core an open and clear reporting structure designed to help businesses get the most from the service
“I felt reassured when people I’ve spoken to in the industry – both customers and partners – questioned whether this was too ambitious an approach to take. Could we achieve this level of service delivery and transparency, whilst remaining profitable?” comments Andy Eccles, CTO at Kelway. “The fact that ServiceWorks has caused such an instant reaction confirmed that we’re bringing something different to a busy and competitive marketplace. Having such interest in ServiceWorks at this stage shows that we’re ideally positioned to provide these services to our customers. And what’s more, we’re looking forward to extending the ServiceWorks portfolio to meet the needs of more and more businesses globally.”
The results of this user-driven approach to service design speak for themselves. ServiceWorks has already seen immediate buy-in from a number of Kelway’s existing cloud services customers.
“With ServiceWorks we’ve tried to create a cloud computing story which is jargon free and focussed on business outcomes,” states Dan Laws, MD at Kelway. “A barrier has been created by confusing terminology, which doesn’t help organisations overcome prevailing business concerns such as security, cost effectiveness and delivery of a reliable user experience. With ServiceWorks we’re bringing to market a practical, simple and easy to use set of solutions which are capable of delivering precisely the business benefits promised by the cloud hype.”
The ServiceWorks infrastructure has already been validated by VMware with their ‘vCloud Powered’ certification. Andy Hunt, VP EMEA Partners & General Business, VMware highlighted the importance of the partnership;
“VMware is enabling businesses of all sizes to accelerate the journey to cloud computing and help drive the proliferation of cloud services in the UK & Ireland jointly with its partners. It was a logical step for us to work closely with Kelway in developing their ServiceWorks suite of solutions. We look forward to working together in using cloud-based services to meet the dynamic needs of today’s businesses.”
Tags: Hosting & Colocation