itSMF UK has announced its new certification programme for service management courses, which has been developed by its Qualifications and Certification (Q&C) Committee. The aim of this new programme is to provide leadership in service management and to ensure good service management practices are put into place.
Courses bearing the itSMF UK stamp are judged by assessors from the itSMF UK to ensure an appropriate level of educational quality and relevance in the development of service management best practice. Unlike other industry authorities, which offer accreditation for a small set of formal qualifications with examinations, the itSMF UK scheme is designed to recognise and promote a much wider range of service management related training. Any course that is put forward on the endorsement scheme will go through a thorough evaluation, with organisations being assessed on how they manage and deliver their training, checking key training quality, delivery criteria and whether the course meets its overall objectives.
Dave Jones, Chair of the Qualifications and Certification Committee for the itSMF UK, said “This scheme has been designed to ensure that organisations are delivering the right standard through their training and that delegates receive the appropriate guidance and education. We’ve just put the first pilot course through the scheme and we are looking forward to offering endorsement to many other service management course providers over time. I would encourage organisations to get this stamp of approval for their training.”
Marcus Harris, CEO of Pink Elephant whose Leadership for Service Management course received the first pilot endorsement under the new scheme, commented, “Pink Elephant has long felt that leadership development in service management has been overlooked because it cannot be easily examined. We feel that endorsement of our innovative new course, through the itSMF UK course endorsement scheme, is a warranty that this programme has been judged capable of delivering lasting culture and leadership change.”
The itSMF UK Course Endorsement Scheme offers:
• Independent assessment - the formal recognition offered by the itSMF UK demonstrates that the training company's products reach an objectively defined and independently evaluated quality standard
• Industry recognition - as the leading user organisation for service management professionals, itSMF UK's endorsements are widely recognised and respected
• Route to market - by listing endorsed courses on the itSMF UK website and making course details available to members, it offers an excellent route to market for training organisations.
• The endorsement logo - the distinctive 'Endorsed by itSMF UK' logo will be available only to those training organisations whose courses have met the requirements of the itSMF UK Course Endorsement Scheme. Members will be encouraged to look out for this sign before making their course selection.
• Simplicity - the key to the course endorsement process is simplicity. This is not an accreditation by an Exam Institute, it is a simple but effective process for checking key training quality and delivery criteria.
The full launch to members will take place in early 2012, and will include a list of courses that have been itSMF UK endorsed.